The Elyria Public Library System includes five locations plus a bookmobile throughout the service area of the Elyria City School District & the Keystone School District. Our collection offers our patrons approximately 400,000 items, including books, magazines, audiobooks, music, and movies...that's not including our digital materials. Patrons can contact us via phone, email, or visit us in person. The library also offers free programs, classes, and events throughout the year for all ages.
Offering unlimited possibilities of lifelong learning for all.
The Elyria Public Library System will always offer free resources with unlimited possibilities for every person in the community it serves.
- Library resources in all formats will be readily and equitably accessible to all library users.
- The Library provides free access to all library materials, services, and programs.
- The Library provides lifelong learning services to all.
- The Library upholds the principles of intellectual freedom and resists all efforts to censor resources.
- The Library's employees are professional, friendly, efficient, and qualified personnel.
- The Library provides the highest level of service to all library users.
- The Library will monitor library services to ensure that they respond in a relevant way to changing needs and demands, and that their quality is as high as resources allow.
- The Library is committed to patron confidentiality.
- The Library practices fiscally responsible management of public resources with full accountability.