How to Request Public Records
In accordance with Ohio Revised Code 149.43, the Library will never require use of a form, proof of identity, or your reason for requesting review of public records. A request form has been developed for your convenience if you choose to use it. You may remain anonymous but contact information may be needed to clarify or respond to your request.
You may request copies of public records from the Elyria Public Library System by any of the following methods:
- E-mail: complete the form or write your request in an email to email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Phone: Call the Library at 440-323-5747 and make your request verbally.
- Visit the Reference Desk at the Library: ask for a form to complete or make your verbal request to an employee.
Public Records Policy
Request to Review Public Records Policy Ohio Revised Code Section 149.43 provides that all public records shall be promptly prepared and made available for inspection to any person during reasonable business hours. A request for public records will be responded to using the following guidelines:
- Requests for copies of any public record kept by the Elyria Public Library System must be forwarded to the Director or Fiscal Officer.
- The requester must identify the records requested with sufficient clarity to allow the Library to identify, retrieve, and review the records. If it is not clear what records are being sought, the Library must contact the requester for clarification, and should assist the requestor in revising the request by informing the requestor of the manner in which the office keeps its records.
- The records request does not have to be in writing, and the requestor does not have to provide his or her identity or the intended use of the requested public record. However, the Library may request this information should it be needed for correspondence, mailing, or request clarification purposes.
- Each request will be evaluated for an estimated length of time required to gather the records. Routine requests for records within a reasonable period of time. “Prompt” and “reasonable” consider the period of time needed to communicate the request to the proper provider; the volume of records requested; the proximity of the location where the records are stored; and the necessity for any legal review of the records requested.
- Requestors will be provided with an estimated number of business days it will take to satisfy the request, the actual cost if copies are requested, the cost of mailing records if mail service is requested and any items within the request that may be exempt from disclosure.
- Any denial of a public records request must include an explanation, including legal authority.
- The address and phone numbers of Library employees are confidential and will be redacted, unless the employee provides a written release of said information.
- In compliance with Ohio Revised Code section 149.432, the Library supports and adheres to confidentiality relative to all library records which identify patrons by name or which link library patrons with specific library materials. Therefore, these records will not be provided to a routine public records request.
Copies are charged at the following fees: Photocopy .5 cents per page. Mailing service will be charged at the current USPS first class rate. Payment for copies and postage must be paid in advance of records being released.
Update approved by the Board of Trustees on August 8, 2022.
Approved by the Board of Trustees on August 13, 2007.