The Elyria Public Library System is now offering Passport Processing Services at its West River location.
Passport Processing Services | The EPLS - West River location is an official Passport Acceptance Facility for the U.S. Department of State. Passport application processing and photo services are available by appointment only.
Passport Service Hours | Call the West River Patron Services Desk at 440-324-2270 to make an appointment. Appointments must be made 24-hours in advance.
- Monday - Thursday | 9:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m.
- Friday - Saturday | 9:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
Note: The passport application process can take 20-60 minutes per applicant. More time may be needed for complex cases. You may be asked to return at another time if the passport acceptance agent cannot complete your application prior to closing.
What To Bring To Your Appointment | If applying for a passport for a person under the age of 18, see the special requirements section in our Frequently Asked Questions. If this is your first passport, you must apply in person. When applying for an adult (18 and older) passport in person, you'll need to submit the following items.
- Completed Passport Application/DS-11 Application for a U.S. Passport | The DS-11 form can be completed online or printed from the State Department website. Forms are also available at the EPLS - West River location.
- Forms must be legible using black ink only.
- Forms need to be completed before an acceptance agent can begin to process your application.
- Do not sign the application ahead of time. Wait until instructed by the agent.
- All submitted documents must be originals or certified copies.
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship, such as birth certificate or naturalization certificate. Original or certified copies only, no photocopies.
- Current proof of identity, such as an Ohio driver's license. Visit travel.state.gov for other acceptable forms of proof of citizenship and identity.
For more information, see EPLS Passport Processing Services.